Starling Bank offers Apple Pay

We are delighted to announce we are the first mobile-only current account to support Apple Pay. We know our customers use mobile devices to make payments - so we want to make it as easy and seamless as possible for them to do start doing that, right from the moment they open their account. We also know that fraud, security and data privacy are one of our audiences biggest concerns and so it’s our goal to make our customers feel secure when paying with Starling on mobile. Our integration with Apple Pay means that Starling Bank customers who use iPhones can benefit from this easy, secure and convenient way to pay in-store and online.

The big news…Starling is the first bank in the UK to offer ‘in-app provisioning’. If you’re an existing or new customer using our iOS app you can add your Starling card to your digital wallet from within our app, with a single tap of a button making it possible to pay immediately and seamlessly with Starling – and soon before your physical MasterCard Debit Card arrives on your doorstep.

Security and privacy is at the core of Apple Pay – when you pay with your debit card with Apple pay in store or online, the actual card numbers are not stored on the device, nor on Apple servers. Instead, a unique Device Account Number is created, encrypted and securely stored in on your device so when you pay on mobile, you can feel secure doing so.

We know many of our customers have been eagerly awaiting this announcement - you can download our latest update now.

✅ Sneak Peek: Apple Pay :green_apple: :green_apple: :green_apple:

Wow! So fast. Thanks!

Next stop: Savings Goals!

Not working for me :frowning:

If you reach out to our customer service team, we’ll look into your case straight away @mozzauk.

YES! This makes me very happy! :grinning:

Not that adding a card to Apple Wallet was ever difficult before, but this in-app provisioning really does make it a very slick experience indeed. Well done Team Starling - great job. And thanks!

@mozzauk Our CS team have checked and you should now be able to add your card to wallet on the app now.

@sarah.guha all sorted had to do it an odd way, but the all added to watch and iphone, next to add it to my ipad :slight_smile:

Love how simple this was to add to wallet on iPhone and apple watch. Nice work Starling :+1:

Excellent work!

How slick was that :grinning:

Loving Apple Pay! Great work guys.

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: Thanks!

Added fine for me, can’t wait to try it. Go Starling! :grinning:

Was such a slick experience

I love watching the faces of the staff in the work canteen when I pay with my apple watch. I’m sure they think it’s witchcraft :thinking:

Visited Costa last night. Sporting my Apple Watch for the very first time, I scanned my Costa Club card and then paid with Apple Pay / Starling. It was like geek heaven :rofl:

Brilliant!! Adios Monzo…