Pay at Pump Card Decline - 2

Paid in the Kiosk

Damn you. Ok other than those three :grinning:

I get what both @Brian and @Daesimpso are saying. I’m just reiterating what @anne said above. Starling are obviously willing to relook at this, they’ve just asked you to email in some details, for whatever reason.

I’m just the messenger :slight_smile:

Not a dig. I’d read that before and thought the same but as it was quoted i chimed in :+1:

Just off the top of my head it could always be for Mastercard. What better way to kick asses and say “You need to insist retailers get their end of the new rules sorted, Now” than being able to say “xx of our customers had declines, xx percent of those had to use a card other than ours, xx had to use the Kiosk which wouldnt have been possible at night, xx couldnt fuel up at all”; using facts and figures to illustrate the situation? An entirely made up situation, and clearly there are issues at Starling’s end too, but it is one hypothetical answer to why they may want more detail.

But the main issue with that is, is that a lot of those declines are coming from Starlings own anti-fraud measures and not simply from Mastercards rules.

Are you taking issue with my completely made up nonsense answer which was only said as hypothetical example to answer the question? I think you may be… :thinking::roll_eyes::joy:

I’m not taking issue with anything?

:man_shrugging:t2:

Well, i’m completely confused then.

Moving on…

I’ve sent the information over to them. Hope they can get this sorted. My wife was with me and it really put her off switching over to starling.

Were you rendered speechless? :joy:

I suspect you’ve realised what a rare occurrence that is, so it really was a momentous event.

Managed to get Sainsbury’s pay at the pump to work today with my joint account. It shows £1 pending.

When does the pending £1 ever debit your account? Or does it disappear?

I am expecting the actual amount to debit the account soon and the £1 will never be collected. It has been ‘reserved’ but will disappear after a week or so. I will keep you posted as to exact time scales when they happen.

Someone may correct me, but doesn’t the £1 turn into your actual spend?

Can’t vouch for petrol (not filled up since the changes), but that’s how it worked on First York busses. Assuming its the same principle.

£1 appeared on the account on presentation of the card.
£1 turns into £4.40 a day or so down the line.

Yep, and again, I may be wrong, but I remember not receiving a notification when it changed (which was a little annoying).

Yes @nickhoward. That’s what I’ve experienced

Just seems a really messy process. Why does this happen? I’ve never experienced that with other bank cards.