iOS Release 0.44.1 - Settle Up

Hi all,

We’re excited to announce our first major update of 2018: Settle Up! If someone owes you money, skip the admin and send friends a Settle Up request link instead – it’s simple, speedy and free. Head to Pay and select Settle Up to activate your personal link and start settling up with friends. Why not read more about it in our blog post: https://www.starlingbank.com/blog/introducing-settle-up/

Picked up the bill? You can now split it with Settle Up! Just select the transaction and tap the options menu to divide the bill and send friends a Settle Up request.

And if a new feature isn’t enough we’ve sneaked in a UX improvement too. If you’re struggling to understand what interest you’ve paid or earned? We’ve now made your annual interest statement easier to understand.

We hope you enjoy this release, as always please let us know your feedback. Enjoy!

Great feature! Didn’t see this coming. :wink:

Has anyone managed to download this update on iOS yet?

It looks like Apple have their feet up and it’s rolling out slowly - really sorry about that! Hopefully the anticipation is worth it. It should be with you later this evening, if not do let us know.

Nope, still waiting for Apple to push it out.

Just refreshed my updates. Still not showing :frowning: hopefully will be worth the patience!

It does seem to be unusually slow - we’re checking everything but it does appear to be Apple this time. Really sorry everyone!

Used to use Circle pay for this… fab new addition to Starling bank app I can finally do away with another finance app

Great new feature… thank you @sarah.guha

Are there any plans to allow Settle Up from overseas cards with non-GBP (converting into GBP).

…particularly EU

Might be worth waiting until it’s rolled out next time before says it’s launched?

Yes - I hear you. It’s very unusual for it to take this long though so honestly hadn’t expected any issues. But yes, definitely one to be aware of next time. :persevere:

…Unfortunately me clicking refresh very minute or so isn’t helping, but we’re trying!

It’s arrived

Well hurrah! Thank you for posting Joe!

instagram was also the last update for me :):grinning:

Really great work @sarah.guha and team. You are all working really hard to deliver great experiences for us all. Starling just get better and better.

Hear, hear!

Is anyone else having the problem since updating selecting the Spending tab? On two iPhones 7 the app crashes back to IOS home screen after selecting spending. If you reopen the app and hit merchants quickly the spending tab stays open but as soon as i select categories the app crashes.
I have uninstalled the app on one iPhone and reinstalled and its still doing it… weird!

Hi Mark, We certainly haven’t seen than but we’ll check the crash logs. Could you send a message to our CS team so we can look at your account specifically to investigate it.

Ok sarah will do. Thanks