Delayed Faster Payments | 08/07/2018

Bank transfers may be delayed due to an issue with the Faster Payments network which is affecting multiple banks at the moment. We will let you know when we have more information. Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Thanks for update and great to see it on Twitter :smile:

Starling have clearly taken on board comments and acted on them to improve. Great to see this @JamesPratley… the fast notification i mean, not the delays lol. Lets have much more of this kind of thing… again, the fast notification i mean, not the delays… :joy::joy::joy:

Definitely a huge improvement.

Is the status page going to be updated too?

But regardless its nice to hear about the issue from the bank first. :grinning:

Excellent just seen the status page update. :slightly_smiling_face:

Definitely a step in the right direction in terms of communications :+1:t2:

Much better! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!

Or maybe that’s cider and 30°c.

Thanks for the update. Great to see social media channels updated too.

Hi I’m stranded due to not receiving the money I had paid in this afternoon I’m with Barclays but my mum is with hsbc how long will this delay be do you have any idea

This sounds rather urgent. I would suggest live chat within the app or call 020 7930 4450.

How l9ng will this delay be I’ve been waiting since 4pm. Ish and the money that was supposed to be transferred was to get home I’m now stuck with no money and no way home with no idea how long I’m going to be stuck i have 2 kids as well as serious medication I need to take this is awful all Barclays say is keep checking, it’s not their error but it’s being felt with 300,000 people are apparently effected by this I’m pretty scared in a place i don’t know

@StarlingSupport please can you get in touch with @Joe_Meredith urgently. @Joe_Meredith please let me know once contact has been made.

Thank you will do. I just can’t believe this happening

What do you need? You’re unable to get home?

Unfortunately, the Faster Payment network has been experiencing issues today. I really hope Starling reach out shortly and get this resolved for you.

Please can you drop CS a message in-app.

I sent a payment from Barclays to Starling at 8.15 and it worked fine, but that was after the issue with the Faster Payment network, I totally forgot there was an issue, but it worked for me.

Barclays can chase the payment, but its not an immediate thing, they would have to liaise with Starling and at this time of night, it’s not going to happen.

Refresh your Starling app or close it down completely and restart it, sometimes payments don’t show when they are actually there as there may be a delay with the app.

I would strongly suggest calling Starling using the number I posted above.

CS are very busy at the moment and in-app messages are taking longer than usual to answer. I’m still waiting for an initial response to two in-app messages I sent last Wednesday.

Something this urgent is best dealt with by phone, at least until Starling catches up.

Starling are now in contact, thanks everyone.

Good news! Let’s hope they can sort something out for them.