CreditLadder Integration (Build credit score as you rent)

This is pretty cool, Starling users that also use Credit Ladder can now build their credit history by paying their rent on time.

Anything that helps boost your score, without requiring you to take out credit is great in my opinion, especially for immigrants who start with no score & can’t borrow as a result.

Credit Ladder - rent on experian

I’m trying to authorise the app but it does nothing after taking the photo of the QR code.

Hi Yossia, I’m the Operations Director at CreditLadder and have just seen this post. We don’t have QR codes on registration. Which method have you chosen to sign up?

when you connect to starling oauth shows a QR code one has to scan from the application, but it works for me™ just fine

Apologies, this is correct.

We have tested this step as some staff at CreditLadder have Starling and do test regularly.

Any issues email help@creditladder.co.uk and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Kind Regards,

Asa

Good morning, @A_Bentley

I’m just wondering how easy is it to change the information if I move?

I’ve been considering starting using this, but I move house in a few weeks so I’ve been waiting… But is it straight forward if one is moving house?

I still feel a bit like there is a catch… As its free.

I know I definitely won’t be using any subscription options and I probably won’t read many emails. Especially ones that are offering me stuff. I would literally just sign up and pay my rent. So I don’t really see that’s in it for you.

Sorry… I’m just a naturally cynical person.

Very easy. Submit an “end tenancy” request under “your tenancy” in your CreditLadder account then submit a new application for your new tenancy.

See the “How do you make money” section of our FAQs on your second point. We’re keen to help as many tenants as possible to make their rent count. We’d love to welcome you on board.

Hello gals, guys & others,

I have just signed up to this and great pairing to Starling just had to fill out form and then linked me to my starling app, finger print then accept… Then all done. Way of reporting rent Direct Debits to Experian much like how mortgage payments work…

I pay my rent by standing order not direct debit, will this still work?

Also they need to update the FAQ on their website for the supported banks as Starling and Monzo are not listed.

mine is SO too and I can see ot on their website just fine, but I still haven’t seen any reference to it on experian, clearscore or noddle

I’ve made my 1st rent payment via Debit card, in May, it shows on Credit Ladder ok, but Clearscore/Noddle may be a month behind, I do expect to see these payments showing at some point, I hope :slight_smile:

I’ve been paying rent via CreditLadder since May 2016; no mention of this on my Experian credit report (nor any other CRA either). I live in hope that one day they’ll make this visible, just don’t hold your breath.

@A_Bentley anything to say?

Hi, all has been updated as well as Metro Bank released recently. Yes this works! Connect your account on registration and we can read and report the rent to Experian.

We can confirm that all rental data recorded through CreditLadder is now appearing on Statutory Credit Reports. This is the £2 report available from here, http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/statutory-report.html

Please note that the data is not currently on the following Experian services:

• Credit Expert
  • Credit Matcher

The data is expected to appear on these services in Summer. What is important is that the rental data is now on reports that lenders can use.

We do not report to Equifax - Clear Score or Call Credit - Noddle. But once we do we will notify all users by email.

If you have only recently signed up to CreditLadder it typically takes one month after your first payment through our service to appear on your report.

If you do have any questions then please do not hesitate to get in touch on help@creditladder.co.uk.

We can confirm that all rental data recorded through CreditLadder is now appearing on Statutory Credit Reports. This is the £2 report available from here, http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/statutory-report.html

Please note that the data is not currently on the following Experian services:

• Credit Expert
  • Credit Matcher

The data is expected to appear on these services in Summer. What is important is that the rental data is now on reports that lenders can use.

If you do have any questions then please do not hesitate to get in touch.

We are however on your Experian Statutory Report. The £2 report.

There is no charge for a Statutory report by the way, so you need to remove the £2 references.

Why the difference between Experian’s statutory report and the one we get via creditexpert?

There is no difference, your credit report can’t change depending on how you access it, the public information on the report and what is reported by companies doesn’t change.

The Statutory report is what it has to provide legally, however its credit expert and other products, give you more information. The Statutory report contains nothing extra.