Android O - Live Stream

For those that are interested, Google will live stream the Android O event tonight approx 7:40 PM. Live stream here https://www.android.com/eclipse/

I’ll probably be a little naughty and give it a watch from work, it’s pretty quiet here from around 8pm. :slight_smile:

Nice, cheers @Joe_Merriman !!

Hi Joe
I’m out of the Android loop. When’s the next version due?

My money is on Oreo for the name, any other takers? :stuck_out_tongue:

I am actually and iOS fan boy, but I enjoy Google events. Maybe @thom_horne knows? or we will find out in about 5 minutes :slight_smile:

Err… I think the developer previews come out very shortly after it’s announced?

I’m not 100% on that but think that’s the way it’s been done in the past?

I thought it has been in preview already, I must admit I don’t really follow android closely.

I’ve had a quick search, looks like it’ll be released as a preview today after the event?

I’m very much on the stock Android ROM released by Huawei for my device and whilst it’s on the latest Android version, it’s very much a mid-range device. :wink:

I am watching now, the stream has started, will commence in about 3 mins

Yay Oreo! :slight_smile:

My god, what an awful unavailing…

I’m literally trying not to cringe.

As a windows user, its not selling it to me…

I really liked it haha

Oreo Man to the rescue. :chocolate_bar::candy::lollipop: :stuck_out_tongue:

Just got to the unveiling and the feed crapped out on me!

The Android O page has just been updated and covers way more than what was revealed in the short video.

Although some of the features I’ve already got on Nougat, such as Google Play Protect and Google/Android already remembers and auto logs into certain apps already.

The more control of what apps do in the background is going to be interesting, always been an issue of mine, that apps have too much control when they don’t need it.

I’m really excited for Oreo! I’ve got a Nexus 5X myself, so hoping to get the update pretty soon. Although, I’m expecting the big G to launch a new Pixel device soon and I’m tempted to get it. :heart_eyes: