A new kind of card for a new kind of bank

card

I think the idea is great. Mint Card (now with RBOS) did this many years ago with altering the shape of the card however and it wasn’t proven to be very popular (Mint has folded into RBOS who don’t use the brand anymore). The other issue is in the event systems go down, and they do, there’s no fall back to use a Fallback Sales Voucher to make a payment (for those younger than 30, this was before electronic terminals where you have to have your cash placed on a plastic device with a sales voucher). At Chessington World of Adventures, they had a crash a few years ago when I was there and I had to show the 16 year old behind the counter how to use “the old method”. I love use of technology and electronics, but there’s no fallback. A bit like when there was a silly idea of making cheques redundant - again, there would of been no fall back without having good old fashion pen & paper at the ready! It looks nice (although personally the colour doesn’t do it for me as doesn’t take the card being a bank card serious enough). Best of luck but I personally won’t be requesting a new card if I stay with the bank.

So I dropped my Starling card in my mug of tea… it still works :raised_hands:t2: :rofl:

glad to hear your mug still works !

Sounds like an excuse to get a new teal card; although I know its not as you’ve already got one. :wink: :rofl:

As long as it’s dried out quickly, it’ll be fine.

Glad to hear it still works. :grinning:

I think the issue is, it depends on each person’s level of sight loss. For me for example, I horrendously struggle with the new cards and really need a lot more contrast

Which you will hopefully have on the new card when it arrives.

What was it, ‘mint’ tea?

The app is still referencing the old design of card in the going abroad section. Not a problem but as a new customer if I had the choice I may have preferred the purple!

Thanks for flagging!

@JamesPratley any idea why Starling still has the “going abroad” section. I can’t see what purpose it serves since you don’t charge fees or require notice for travel

On the business account the Apple Wallet button ends up in a weird place even. It also doesn’t disappear after the card has been added to Apple Wallet

Perhaps they get a lot chats from customers notifying them they are going abroad, just a thought :man_shrugging:

Is there any progress on a distinct card design for Joint Accounts? I’ve got purple cards for both my personal and joint accounts which makes it difficult telling which us which, especially in Apple Pay.
I’ve just updated my joint account to the teal version to make life easier.

Really looking forward to seeing the JA card design!

We still get a few customer interactions asking if they need to let us know before they head abroad.

Good thinking @Joe_Merriman

I’m a smart lad you know :nerd_face:

Good to know thanks.

Would you mind reporting the “non disappearing” Apple wallet button please?

Do you have an Apple Watch by any chance?

I do indeed and I didn’t have my business card on.

I’ve added it and the button disappeared.

Thank you :pray::pray:

There we go :upside_down_face:

What if you don’t want to add it to your Apple Watch?

Can we manually remove the button?