6 ways to move from spending to saving

Did you know that in the UK people save just 3.3% of their net income on average, and that number is decreasing? So - how do you turn things around from spending to saving? Get started with these 6 simple steps on our blog.

Read the original blog post : https://www.starlingbank.com/blog/6-ways-move-spending-saving/

Fat cats pay themselves less and pay their staff more

Have government controls on property prices and rental prices

Those two things will make more disposable income available so people can save or contribute to a pension

I couldn’t agree more; the price of everything seems to be going up and pay is staying equal.

I honestly believe that the living wage should legally be the national minimum wage.

Point 6 is interesting in particular - saving when you don’t have much to begin with. If only you could introduce an automated system that would round up each time you spend money on your card to the nearest pound and then saved it for you in some sort of Piggy Bank/Coin Jar/Savings Goal?

You probably wouldn’t even notice most of the time when you’re saving…

Ha ha… I see what you did there… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I agree with the first point, but I have to politely disagree with the second. Rent control as a measure has failed wherever it was tried, leading to long queues to be able to rent, a black market to bypass those queues, increase in neglect of properties, and various other sub-optimal results.
It is well documented in the economic literature.

Or as the Swedish economics professor Assar Lindbeck said: “In many cases rent control appears to be the most efficient technique presently known to destroy a city — except for bombing.”